Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Two heads are better than one...


I bet that your mother, like mine, taught you that ‘two heads are better than one’. I think every mother teaches that to their children. Mothers know best.

 

·      The things we learn as children

·      Often serve us well for a lifetime.

·      Full of common sense and good values

·      On which to base our thinking and actions.

·      Make it a point to use your mother’s teachings.

 

Those management recruits I mentioned yesterday were reminded of this lesson as they began their training with us. The idea that we are stronger when we listen and smarter when we share is the key to a manager’s. It’s part of the overall class on communications. My boss used to say that the difference between a good manager and a great one is his or her ability to communicate. This includes both verbal and non-verbal communications, the art of listening, and making sure that the person you’re seeking to communicate to gets the meaning and intent of what you’re trying to communicate. Always ask them to repeat what you’ve said so that you can assess their understanding and answer any questions they might have. Bottom line: this shows you care. Not for nothing, but most of the employee surveys I’ve conducted for clients in the past 15 years usually list poor communications as the #1 concern. Don’t let that happen where you work: learn to be a more effective communicator by listening and sharing today.

 

Rania Al-Abdullah (born 1970): The Queen of Jordan as the wife of King Abdullah II. Rania was born in Kuwait to Palestinian parents. She received her bachelor's degree in business at The American University in Cairo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...