Friday, May 6, 2022

Work hard AND have fun...


Like me, I bet you pride yourself on being a hard charging professional. But are you having any fun?

 

·      Work is tough,

·      Without you making it tougher.

·      But life is fun,

·      If you allow yourself to enjoy it.

·      It’s your choice.

 

We’ve all worked for hard charging professionals and that’s where we probably learned it. People who told us we’re here to work and that’s what we did. But it was in those moments where they allowed us to let down a little and to enjoy ourselves that relationships and memories were made. And it felt good. Remember that. Because that’s what people today expect. To be driven and focused, but also to enjoy themselves. And to realize that those moments only happen once. Years from now when they are sitting around telling stories from the past, they will honestly be able to tell how good those times were. I say this because last night I was telling stories from my Atlantic City days, and the days before the Mirage opened: stories about how hard we worked, how focused we were, how much we learned, and how much fun it was. Create stories like that for yourself and your team today.

 

Alicia Augello Cook (born 1981): known professionally as Alicia Keys, is an American singer, songwriter, and actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...