Thursday, April 9, 2020

Make things happen...


Last night was the first Passover Seder, a time when Jewish families gathered to remember their history and heritage. Next Sunday is Easter, a time when Christians around the world will celebrate Easter.  Both of these holidays are steeped in ceremony and gatherings, which this year have been upended by this Covid-19 outbreak. Most of us have struggled with imagining how to carry on in some meaningful fashion with these and other events. Like with many things, Zoom and other online communication tools are seen as viable possibilities around our isolation: my family met virtually for its Seder last night and it was in so many ways the next best thing to actually being together; we satisfied both our religious and social distancing needs. A month ago, I wouldn’t have guessed this might happen nor would I have been able to see how to make some alternative happen. Today I saw a news report that some churches will be holding Easter services in outdoor movie facilities – who would have ever thought that might happen.  It’s true: you have to imagine something is possible before you can see it happen. Continue to look for creative ways around life’s obstacles today.

Rita Frances Dove (born 1952): American poet and essayist who served as Poet Laureate Consultant in Poetry to the Library of Congress

1 comment:

  1. I have been married to my wife for 6 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she doesn't love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like I always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to Dr Emu. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. You can contact him via email: Emutemple@gmail.com He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him through his whats-app number: +2347012841542
    For more details about Dr Emu you can visit his Website: http://emutemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...