Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Have the courage to believe...


When they first advised everyone to shelter in place, we didn’t have any idea how bad this Covid-19 was going to be; we heard the projections and took that as reason enough to comply. Over these past 3 weeks, the constant news cycles and daily statistics drove home the severity of this pandemic. So, we stayed home. Without any guarantees that doing so would be successful. Is that courage… maybe; or being rational… probably. But as we watch these numbers, it appears that the only practical solution is social distancing. And now, as the Passover and Easter holidays are imminent, our instincts to be with family will surely be tested. My family is doing a virtual Seder and many of our friends will be attending church services virtually: these certainly are times, to paraphrase another, that try our souls. We must trust the experts and our own instincts, and have faith in G-d… I guess those are the only guarantees we have.  Have the courage to believe in them today.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 – 1832): Prolific German writer and leading statesman 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...