Thursday, April 23, 2020

Don't let frustration be your guide...


We’re all pretty scared by what’s going on around us and in times like these we need clear and well-thought out direction from experts. We’ve been cooped up for a long time and want to go out and enjoy the coming of Spring… but the science doesn’t support that urge yet. This is not a time to be impetuous or influenced by frustration or ill-conceived plans: the number of hospitalizations and deaths have not been declining enough yet, and that seems to be the criteria required to begin loosening our collective vigilance. When it does, I’ll be one of the first looking to get back to something more normal. But right now, my love of life is greater than my frustration and, like many, I fear rushing out too soon, getting sick or infecting others, and risking all the good that these past 6 weeks of isolation and deprivation have produced. Stay home and safe a little longer today.

Joanna Macy (born 1929): Author, Scholar, and Environmental Activist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...