Friday, January 3, 2020

Fly away...


I fly a lot:  I like direct flights, and Southwest has lots of those to the places I travel to the most. So, I signed up for their loyalty program a long time ago, mostly so I could get priority boarding: what they call their A list. Over the years I’ve gotten that designation many times and was a happy traveler.  One day last spring someone who knows how often I fly suggested I use some of the points I’d most likely accumulated to book some personal travel. I’d honestly never thought of that before (duh!!!), so I looked and was shocked: my loyalty had resulted in more points than I’ll probably ever be able to use. I’d always thought those crazy loyalty programs were more trouble than they’re worth, with all their restrictions, expirations and hassles: now I know that’s not always the case. All this travel had left me tired and speechless, but now it’s turned me into a storyteller in search of my next adventure. Loyalty is driven by many different things: find what will make your customers and employees loyal and make sure you communicate it effectively. Which leads me to my 2nd New Year’s resolution for 2020: Pay attention and learn something new today.

Ibn Battuta (1304 – 1369): Muslim Berber Moroccan scholar, and explorer who widely travelled the medieval world

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...