Thursday, December 5, 2019

Take it slow...


“Change happens one gesture, one person, and one moment at a time.” Libba Bray

I’ve been writing these messages going on 11 years: every day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year. For all that time, I’ve followed a similar routine: sit on the couch with my cat each night, look at a quote, and then quickly write about the first thing that comes to mind. Then, the next morning, I’d sit on the couch, again with my cat, and make some final edits before sending it out.  He would always be sitting there, sometimes by my side staring at the screen, other times on my lap with his paws on the keyboard, listening to me mutter and try out phrases… almost as if I were talking it through with him. Crazy, but that’s how I’ve always done it.  Until this past Tuesday: now I have to adjust to doing this alone. But, I know that change happens slowly, so I’m taking it one thought,  one sentence, one paragraph, one story, at a time as I adjust to writing these alone. Sounds crazy, I know, but that’s what’s going on. Change is never easy. For any of us; for anything. Take it one moment at a time today.

Libba Bray (born Martha Elizabeth Bray; 1964): American writer of young adult novels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...