Friday, December 13, 2019

Listen up...

 
Tw0 guys I went to school with (meaning they’re my age) biked across the US last year. Before that I hadn’t known anyone that did that; sure, there were some who did marathons or triathlons, but these two, who I’d known most of my life, really caught my attention.  Here I am limping around on bad knees thinking I could never do anything like that, when it hits me that you first have to say ‘I’d like to’ or ‘I’m going to’ before you find out if you actually can. Both guys told me they had lots of friends who encouraged them to go for it, and that really helped. And that got me thinking about people at work needing to be encouraged rather than criticized – like catching them doing things right – and how that simple practice drives a culture of personal development, achievement, excellence and success. Listen to those who say ‘get on your bike and ride if you really want to get somewhere’. Everybody needs somebody like that. Be an encourager today.

Elizabeth Harrison 1849 – 1927): American educator, and founder and first president of what is today National Louis University

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...