Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Be your best everyday....


An old college roommate visited us yesterday and it got me thinking about why some relationships endure. I first met Jim the day we moved into our freshman dorm at Cornell 50 years ago this week: like me, he was a little overwhelmed by our new surroundings and it impressed me when he said so. Everyone was trying to make a good impression on others and his quiet demeanor told me he was someone I should get to know. College is quite an experience and the people you meet there often have a significant impact on your life.  Those I was attracted to were open, honest, focused and fun: qualities I admired and which helped them and me navigate through those 4 years and beyond. Today he’s bicycling across the US and stopped for an evening of sharing and reminiscing: he’s still the same warm and sincere person I remember from long ago. Live your life well and leave a rich legacy today.

William Shakespeare (1564 – 1616): English poet, playwright and actor, widely regarded as both the greatest writer in the English language and the world's pre-eminent dramatist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be true to your school...

·        Are people loyal to you? ·        Are you loyal to those you should be loyal to?   T hink about that. There are any number of peopl...