Sunday, March 3, 2024

Get your motor running,..


·                                      People always ask how you like your job.

·                                      They rarely ask how you like yourself.

 

It really starts with liking yourself – after that it becomes easier to find a job you like. But it starts with knowing and understanding yourself and what you wish to accomplish. In my consulting practice, we do a lot of work around strategic planning and in my private practice I do career planning – they’re a lot alike. It takes work to figure out where you want your business, or yourself, to go. Once you define the objective, it’s easier to design the map. Start by understanding yourself – what are you passionate about. Then make sure the work you do fits into the bigger picture you have of yourself: it's good when they’re aligned. After college my mother wanted me to go to law school and I wanted to attend a rabbinical seminary. I knew I wanted to help people and my HR career became an interesting blend of being a lawyer and a rabbi. I liked what I did and loved what I got to do. It’s great when you get it going like that – like a well-tuned engine hitting on all cylinders or a well-rehearsed choir hitting all the harmonies. Once you achieve that, kick it into overdrive today.

 

Maya Angelou (1928 – 2014): American memoirist, poet, playwright, actor, and civil rights activist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...