Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Go and make it happen...


·      If you don’t love what you do,

·      You won’t do it as well as you should.

·      And you won’t be as happy as you could. 

Remember this the next time you seek career advice: most often, the best job for you is the one you have. The challenge is making it the one you love. I knew I wanted to be in human resources but early on found it wasn’t as challenging or motivating as I wanted. But rather than change, I researched what could be done to make HR more efficient – so I studied computers to help make it so. I wanted it to make it less about getting people into jobs and more about making them successful – so I found more effective ways to train and coach employees to get where they wanted. I figured that catching people doing things right was more important than telling them they were wrong. And along the way I learned that having a passion for making things better ended up inspiring others to do the same. I learned that telling people why didn’t work well unless we told them why. And that’s how we built a workplace culture of excellence. So, choose a job you like, make it into one you love, and you’ll never have to work a day in your life. It’s up to you to make that happen today. 

Confucius (孔子; c.551 – c.479 BCE), born Kong Qiu (孔丘): Chinese philosopher of the Spring and Autumn period who is traditionally considered the paragon of Chinese sages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...