Thursday, March 7, 2024

Explode into space...


“You'll never know everything about anything.” Julia Child

 

·      I played guitar every day for 62 years.

·      Right up to the time I cut off the tips of my fingers.

·      Since then, I’ve realized I didn’t know everything about it.

 

“Find something you’re passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.” Julia Child

 

·      But I was and continue to be passionate about playing music.

·      6 months after my accident that passion is as strong as ever.

·      I am focused now on learning to play music in many other ways.

 

It’s easy to think you know a lot about anything and it isn’t often that certainty ever gets challenged. But if we’re honest with ourselves, there’s so much more to learn about everything. I’ve had to learn to use my fingers in ways that I never thought I would – that’s called taking things for granted. And I’ve had to admit that there’s far more to playing music than what I knew – that’s called hubris, which is exaggerated pride or self-confidence. It’s humbling to find that to be true and challenging then to do what it takes to learn your way forward. Don’t wait for something to happen before you realize how much more there is to learn and to life. Blow away those false barriers today.

 

Julia Child (1912 – 2004): American chef, author, and television personality recognized for bringing French cuisine to the American public.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...