Monday, June 28, 2021

Don't forget to care...


Just before the lockdown last year we rescued a small 3-legged dog: she’d been thrown out of a car by her previous owner and, after surgery, we were lucky enough to find each other. Like today’s author, she is injured but indefatigable… so we named her Frida. Dogs rescued during the lockdown became inseparable companions to people like us as we sheltered in place, a fancy term for being suddenly and involuntarily shut in. This little dog makes me get out for a 5 mile walk each a day, whether I like it or not, and taught me that social distancing doesn’t mean doing nothing. And now, as I get back on the road with my consulting practice, I am mindful of another of the lessons she taught me this year: “just because something is difficult doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it”. The airports are crowded, and the planes are full, but that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t try to make the best of this transition back to a new normal. And even though we’re anxious about this transition, everyone is careful and seems to genuinely care about each other. No matter what, that’s what we’re responsible to do today.

 

Frida Kahlo (1907 – 1954): Mexican painter known for her many portraits, self-portraits, and works inspired by the nature and artifacts of Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...