Monday, June 15, 2020

Fact-checking matters...



I never was good at science classes in school – it was too abstract for me. So, to compensate for that I’ve read as much as I could find about the science behind Covid-19 and the ways it can spread. The preponderance of information shows that doctors from every political stripe agree that the transmission of this virus is
greatly reduced by masks and social distancing. Still, there are people who disagree with this claim: I can accept disagreement on lots of topics – that’s the wonder of our democracy, but to argue that this virus is a hoax is both uninformed and disrespectful to all who have died and the health care workers who’ve put their lives at risk trying to treat or save them. One way to be satisfied with our opinions and content with our knowledge is to do our homework to make sure we know what’s factually correct. In this Covid-19 world, knowing what’s right or wrong can be a matter of life or death. If you’re responsible for opening up a business (or your home) you owe it to yourself and others to research what’s right today.

 

Elbert Hubbard (1856 – 1915): American writer, publisher, artist, and philosopher

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...