Friday, June 26, 2020

Continue doing your best...



The headline in today’s paper is startling: US Sets Daily Record for New Covid-19 Cases! Ifear I’m beginning to sound like a broken record: I support safe practices and keep saying how astonished I am that some people seemingly don’t. While most people have committed a lot of time practicing safety and dampening the spread of this virus, some of them, when given the opportunity to now go out and do more things, are acting in ways that are reckless and inconsiderate. I want to go out and get back to something more normal as much as the next fellow, but I’m willing to do what it takes to assure that I and others (and especially the people I care about) stay healthy tomorrow and into the future. Meaning: wear a mask, practice social distancing, and wash your hands.  The Governors of Nevada and California announced that masks are now required when going outside, and even the Governor of Texas is imposing stricter safety regulations there to help stem the increase in new cases.  Good for them. Their message is clear: the best preparation for a healthy tomorrow is following these best safety practices today

 

H. Jackson Brown Jr. (b. 1941): American author best known for his inspirational book, Life's Little Instruction Book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...