Friday, June 5, 2020

Show your loyalty



I’ve spent most of this pandemic’s lockdown in our downtown Las Vegas home: working, writing and networking with family, friends and colleagues around the world. Now I am settled for the summer here in the Adirondacks and checking in online with locals in addition to maintaining my other correspondences. Interestingly, I find little difference in the thinking and outlook of all of these geographically diverse folks: there’s a wide variety of perspectives and opinions, but all agree that we’re all in the same boat in a stormy sea. And while the same diversity applies to how they’re each approaching the lurching progress towards returning to new normal times and circumstances , many realize they owe each other a terribly loyalty: after all, the numbers force us all to be acutely aware of the delicate nature of our collective mortality. I personally don’t mind wearing a mask in furtherance of our collective safety and appreciate all those that do the same; but I frankly don’t understand those that won’t wear one and so I’ll keep my distance – both in meters and, going forward, in our relationships. This kind of loyalty I am giving and expect to receive today.

 

Gilbert Keith (G.K.) Chesterton (1874 – 1936): English writer, philosopher, lay theologian, and literary and art critic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...