Saturday, March 28, 2020

Don't let the unknown scare you...


“When you come to the edge of all that you know, you must believe one of two things: either there will be ground to stand on, or you will be given wings to fly.” O.R. Melling

Boy howdy, I sure would like to fly away from this crazy (and serious) pandemic.  When I was a kid, I was naturally curious: things like dust motes and dryer lint seemed weirdly other-worldly – they were there but not quite understood. Germs were also a bit beyond complete understanding, but because our mothers always told us to wash our hands to get rid of them, they didn’t seem so scary: I mean, how scary could they be if you could just wash them away. But those dust motes were always there, and that lint was always in the trap no matter how often you emptied it. Maybe we should have realized the same with germs – they’re always there, we just have to remember to get rid of them often. Those things were on the edge of what we knew, and it probably would have been best to get a better understanding of them: clear and concise information is better than the stuff of our fears.  The same is true of this pandemic – there’s lots of real good information out there – study it and take it to heart – give yourself solid ground to stand on. Funny how it this pandemic has reawakened our fears of the unknown – best to combat it with the wise things our mothers always told us. Wash your hands today.

O.R. Melling: Irish-born Canadian Dancer and Author 

1 comment:

  1. I have been married to my wife for 6 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she doesn't love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like I always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to Dr Emu. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. You can contact him via email: Emutemple@gmail.com He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him through his whats-app number: +2347012841542
    For more details about Dr Emu you can visit his Website: http://emutemple.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...