Friday, March 13, 2020

Live your life...


Travel this week has been really challenging: fewer and smaller planes with lots of scared and/or frustrated travelers. Even in the best of times, air travel is tough –  all the 24-hour news cycles this week about the Coronavirus has everyone on edge.  So, I decided to cut my current business trip short and fly home a day earlier than planned, be in my own home sleeping in my own bed.  I got to the airport, checked in for my flight, boarded, and… boy howdy, was I surprised to see all the happy partiers on that plane who were so excited to be going to Las Vegas.  Just like regular times. No panic. Full of imagination and hope for a good time.  I needed that; we all need that…the best antidote for panic is optimism and careful action. I guess there’s some logic to social distancing during these trying times…but there’s more to be gained by surrounding ourselves with friends and family. The best way to handle the fear that’s all around us is being smart, being cautious, managing your risks, and washing your hands. Don’t let your imagination run wild – control, plan, and use it to live your life today.

Lauren Bacall (1924 – 2014): American actress named the 20th-greatest female star of classic Hollywood cinema by the American Film Institute

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...