Friday, November 3, 2017

Tell me more....


I
have a consulting partner who believes the phrase ‘tell me more’ is the key to better understanding. Think about it: aren’t you tempted but afraid to ask that when listening to instructions; and don’t you try extra hard to explain your ideas more clearly when someone asks you that? I’d have been out of luck if I hadn’t asked our computer people to tell me more about the things computers could or could not do: with that they were pressed to explain both the limitations as well as the underlying capabilities of the systems I wanted them to develop. That’s how I ultimately succeeded in getting a paperless HR environment at Wynn: my focused questions stimulated our team’s creativity. Don’t be afraid to pose well-worded questions and get to the heart of the things you and your team are working on. That’s the best way to unleash creativity today.

Brian Tracy (b. 1944): Canadian-born motivational public speaker and self-development author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...