Monday, November 20, 2017

Choose wisely....



Y
ou can believe anything you want: choose wisely. 40 years ago I had an industrial accident and spent a lot of time flat on my back: that left me depressed and wondering if I would ever fully recover. My doctor told me a positive attitude was the best medicine he could prescribe: the only way I was going to get better was to really want it. That wasn’t what I wanted to hear: in fact, it nearly made me want to give up. But after wallowing in that depression for several months I finally hit a point where I realized if I wanted to get up I had to believe I could. It was with that belief that I started physical therapy in earnest and forced myself to do more each day: each successful step reinforced that belief and ultimately led to my recovery. Life is full of obstacles: it’s your choice to let them deter you or believe you can overcome them. Either way you own that choice.


Oprah Winfrey (b. 1954): American media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer, and philanthropist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...