Friday, July 2, 2021

Love life...


A lot of my friends are retiring… some because they can, others because they need to. Many ask me why I don’t. The simple answer is because I don’t want to. I like meeting new people, coaching some and training others. I like writing, these messages and now some books. And I like discovering new things – starting a new online training company that’ll launch soon. But the other part of the answer is that I’m not ready yet to feel like I’m old enough to retire. The energy and persistence related to the things I’m doing help conquer that feeling. And I suspect that’s true for more people than just retiring baby boomers – energy and persistence is what makes entrepreneurs successful, business leaders effective, and lots of others jump out of bed each morning to see what the day might bring. Bottom line: you’ve got to love life and what you do with it – that’s what gives you the courage to face each day, the energy to live it to its fullest, and the persistence to keep going. There may be speed bumps and setbacks, but in the overall scheme of things, they’re small compared to everything else that life throws at us. As we all get ready for the weekend, be excited about spending it with family and friends and enjoy all that you have today.

 

Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790): American Politician, Writer, and Scientist

1 comment:

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...