Friday, July 30, 2021

Don't shy away from hard work...


Good ideas don’t amount to much without a lot of hard work: every new project I ever started reminded me of that basic truth. Each of those new projects began with a lot of enthusiasm and adrenalin, both of which quickly faded, when the reality of hard work set in. That’s when it becomes clear that going from start to finish will include long hours, lots of individual effort and collaboration, and more than a few trials and errors. I’m right in the middle of launching a new online training company with some colleagues: we have produced several courses and are beta-testing them with a few companies – and we’re getting some excellent feedback from them. This new information is what’s needed to be able to see and evaluate what we’ve done so far, and will help us learn, adjust, regroup, and continue to move forward. This is where I remind myself that while perfection is the enemy of progress (something I learned from a former colleague), incremental learning is the friend you need on your road to success. And while nothing comes easy (another truism from another former colleague), maintaining forward momentum is the only way to get things done. Big or small, everything you do takes hard work. Remember that as you seek to harvest the seeds of what you’re doing today.

 

David Bly (born 1952): American politician and former member of the Minnesota House of Representatives

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...