Monday, July 19, 2021

Look for the best in people...


From this quote, we might assume that Jimmy Buffett is an optimist; as in someone seeing the glass as half full rather than half empty.  This is the kind of person you want to hire if you’re Hiring for Attitude. Optimists are open, flexible, and engaged; they express gratitude and are usually grateful for what they have, donate their time and energy often, are interested in others, surround themselves with upbeat people, don’t listen to naysayers, forgive others, and here’s the best, smile a lot. They’re the kind of people you want to be around. They’re the kind of people that participate more, perform better, and focus on customer satisfaction. Companies that hire optimists have lower turnover and higher employee satisfaction. When I was CHRO for Wynn Resorts, we had nearly 4 million applicants and I hired the best and most optimistic 125,000 among them. The result: our turnover was the lowest in the hospitality industry and our employee satisfaction stats were the envy of others. I know that companies are struggling today to find employees – even so, they (and you) should hold out for applicants that are optimistic.  Look for the best things in life. Hire for attitude today.

 

James William “Jimmy” Buffett (born December 25, 1946): American singer-songwriter, musician, author, actor, and businessman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...