Thursday, March 11, 2021

Keep on keeping on...


Years ago, I had an industrial accident and was laid up for 2 years: out of work, depressed and nearly at my wit’s end. During that time, I met lots of others with similar conditions and learned how important it is to keep going. I know it’s different, but there are lots of people who after struggling this past year have that kind of will. As companies start to reopen, many of their employees or applicants will be from this group. Look for the ones with the determination to fight their way out of their circumstances: they’re the optimistic ones whose eyes are on the future. They may be nervous, anxious and scared, but the future to them is that glass that’s half full. If you’re a manager in a company that’s starting to reopen, keep your eyes open for people like this, be empathetic about what the past year was like for them, support them through this transition, and help them continue to find their way through. They kept going and are most likely proud of it, so congratulate them and tell them how proud you are to have them on your team today

 

Lindsey Vonn (born 1984): American alpine ski racer on the US Ski Team who won four World Cup overall championships and the gold medal at  the 2010 Winter Olympics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...