Monday, March 1, 2021

Develop your unwavering focus...


A priest at an Episcopalian Church where I was a high school volunteer Head Start teacher helped me discover my purpose and my compass: helping others. And when my education and talent aligned with that, they helped me focus on what I wanted out of my career in HR. As I later recruited students at hospitality colleges, I found that the best among them also each came with a focus on what they wanted from a company and career. Being a recruiter at heart, it’s fun when you find candidates with a passion for what they want: they’re the ones who broaden and deepen their roles beyond the mere job description to make their careers what they really want; they need little supervision and flourish in their jobs. When you’re trying to hire someone, don’t just focus on their resume – talk to them about their aims and goals, and look for the ones who are unwavering in their interests and aims. If those are strong, and their education and talents are aligned with them, grab hold and don’t let them go. That’s the best way to find great talent today.

 

Condoleezza Rice (born 1954) is an American diplomat, political scientist, civil servant, professor and currently director of the Hoover Institution at Stanford University.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...