Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Find and do the things that make you smile...



Years ago, one of my best friends turned me onto reading Robert B. Parker, an author of crime mysteries.  We read every book he wrote, discussed them avidly, and laughed together about the clever plots and dialogue. My buddy died way too young, and every time Parker came out with a new novel I’d read it and talk to my friend about it in my head. The other day, I visited the local little library here and to my surprise they had several Parker titles I somehow overlooked. My daughter, who’s a fervent safety advocate, questioned whether library books in general were safe: so, I asked the librarian and she proudly proclaimed that the books were thoroughly wiped down and left in their own quarantine for 72 hours. With everyone then satisfied, I brought the books home and started enjoying them… and laughing as though my friend were here reading along with me. In these days of continuing isolation, one must take what comes and make the most of them. We all owe that to ourselves. Find the things that make you laugh and make the most of them today.

 

Dame Olivia Mary de Havilland (1916 – 2020): British-American actress whose career spanned from 1935-1968

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...