Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Discover your purpose...


In high school, I volunteered to work at a Head Start center, a program that provided comprehensive early childhood services to low-income children and families. And right then and there I knew what I wanted to do: something, anything, that had to do with helping others. It led me ultimately into a career in Human Resources. It wasn’t a choice as much as a realization of my purpose, and I’ve used that as an example when recruiting and coaching people: I tell them they have to find the thing that inspires them and excites their passions. It’s usually not something you have to think about – it’s like the proverbial lightbulb going off in your head; you don’t have to think about it… you just know it’s right. There’s something like this waiting to be discovered by each of us: it could be a career, job, hobby or special project, and it will be the thing that lets you know why you were born. Discover what your something is today.

Samuel Langhorne Clemens (1835 – 1910): American writer, humorist, entrepreneur, publisher, and lecturer known by his pen name Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...