Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Put your heart and soul into it...


I passionately write these messages each night – taking a quote about one of the many values we live by and weaving it into a story about something I’ve done or experienced.  I then sleep on it, get up early the next morning, do a quick edit and then send it out: no alarm clock needed – my passion wakes me up and drives this schedule.  I realize that’s a luxury, and hope you have something similar that’s exciting enough to get you up every day. I understand that things can lose their luster and get boring – so finding ways to keep them exciting is critically important. Leaders should find ways to make work fun, challenging, and rewarding, getting employees engaged in workplace planning, and listening to their hopes, dreams and suggestions. Employees should look for ways to make their job one they’re really excited about: continuously learning and growing, building skills and competencies, and seeking the kinds of challenges that make them want to get up and go to work.  Like I’ve said here before, the best job is the one you have – the challenge is to make it the one you’re passionate about. That’s what will wake you up today.

Kyrie Andrew Irving (b. 1992): American professional basketball player

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...