Thursday, February 13, 2020

Be ever so humble...


I am working this week with some really smart people, helping to grow their company and management team. I’m honored that they include me in their meetings and feel like I always come away with far more than I contribute.  But, no matter how much I think I know, there seems to be so much more to learn; I suspect I am not alone in feeling that way. That’s why it’s so important to travel beyond your comfort zone, be open to new experiences and information, to continually study and read and learn, to watch and listen to others, to engage with people who can teach you something new, and to never think you know it all. Make your life a long lesson in humility and a wondrous journey of discovery. You’ll be proud you did that today.

Sir James Matthew Barrie (1860 – 1937): Scottish novelist and playwright, best remembered as the creator of Peter Pan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...