Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Know what you want....


Ever hear people talking about what their parents wanted them to be: my mother wanted me to be a lawyer. Interestingly, I grew up to be just what I wanted, and I suspect most others did too. But now that I’m a grandparent, I can see how parents have hopes and dreams about what their kids could or should become: that’s okay as long as we let them know it’s their choice and we’ll be happy no matter what they choose. Same with employees: they often look for direction about which jobs they should apply for: it’s usually best to guide them to whatever they enjoy and will be happy doing. We’re all ultimately responsible for our own direction: once we’re old enough the choice is ours. When someone asks you what they should become, ask them what they want to be… once you know, support them and help them reach their dreams today.

J. K. Rowling (b. 1965): British novelist, philanthropist, film producer, television producer and screenwriter, best known for writing the Harry Potter fantasy series

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...