Thursday, March 28, 2019

Don't let a moment pass...


Facebook can be a lot of things, both good and bad: it’s most priceless use, however, is staying in touch with and learning about what’s happening with friends. Yesterday I sadly learned of the passing of a guy I knew from my earliest days: he lived in my neighborhood and we spent our early years going to school, playing, and generally growing up together. I followed his exploits and passions online, and now I read the condolences from a lifetime of friends: it’s comforting to know through them that he lived his life to the fullest, discovering and living his passions. At my age, reminders of mortality are my frequent companions, and the loss of a friend and contemporary reminds me it’s never too late to get out and do all the things I’ve wanted to do. We’re all just passing through so it’s important to remember this lesson: whatever your age, circumstances or interests, don’t hesitate to take responsibility for your life and to just get out and go for it today.

Arlene Pieper: first woman to finish a US marathon (Pikes Peak Marathon, 1959)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...