Friday, October 26, 2018

Give em service with a smile....


During the past year I started collecting antique clocks: some are cuckoo clocks, others are the wind-up regulators, some sit on a mantel and others hang on the wall, and all are old. And like most old things, they need TLC, a kind I’m not experienced enough to give. I found a store here that specializes in clock repair and took them in: there were at least 200 old clocks of all sizes and styles and prices...  I was a bit intimidated and out of my element, but not for long.  The owner, probably my age or older, immediately put me at ease, showed me around, and made appropriately appreciative sounds when looking at my relatively inexpensive clocks. He wasn’t sure when he’d get to them but said not to worry. Today, 5 days later, he calls, says he’s already checked them out, gave me a detailed run down of what was needed, and exactly how much each would be. It was great service + sincerity and integrity. Somebody asks you for something, give them that kind of service today.

Donald A. Adams (1878 – 1958): Businessman and 15thPresident of Rotary International

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never take loyalty for granted...

                    e·mo·tion·al in·tel·li·gence                               noun 1.       the capacity to be aware of, control, and expre...