Monday, June 24, 2024

If you don't think, you shouldn't talk (March hare)...


Alice: "I just wanted to ask which way I ought to go."

Cheshire Cat: "Well, that depends on where you want to get to."

Alice: "Oh, it really doesn't matter as long as I—"

Cheshire Cat: "Then it really doesn't matter which way you go."

 

That’s the point – start with the end in mind and keep your eye on that goal. Otherwise, you’re apt to end up somewhere else.

 

Alice: "I must get through!"

Doorknob: "Sorry, you're much too big. Simply impassable."

Alice: "You mean impossible."

Doorknob: "No, impassable. Nothing's impossible."

 

Look optimistically at who you are and what you’re doing. It’s all good if you believe it’s so. And you should always believe and  trust in where you want to go.

 

Caterpillar: "Who R U?"

Alice: "Why, I hardly know, sir. I've changed so many times since this morning, you see."

Caterpillar: "I do not C. Explain yourself."

Alice: "I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir, because I'm not myself, you know."

Caterpillar: "I do not know."

Alice: "Well, I can't put it any more clearly, sir, for it isn't clear to me."

Caterpillar: "U? Who R U?"

 

Take the time to know yourself, your needs, your hopes, and your goals. It’s funny how we talk so much about the things we used to do – they’re important, but they’re not everything. Just remember that you can’t go back – you may carry forward things you learned along the way, but tomorrow is no longer like yesterday and today. Practice what you’ve learned, keep in the moment, and always be you today.

 

“Curiouser and curiouser!”

 

Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (1832 – 1898), better known by his pen name Lewis Carroll, was an English author, poet, mathematician and photographer. His most notable works are Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1865) and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass (1871). He was noted for his facility with word play, logic, and fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take responsibility for being your best...

T oday’s quote pretty much sums up what each of us is responsible for. Simple. Straight forward. What we should aspire to and inspire those ...