Thursday, June 27, 2024

Don't forget to do good and share what you have...


·      Whatever you do, you can always help others.

·      Giving of yourself is the best use of your time.

 

Everybody’s busy. Time is short and precious. But the best time you can spend is helping others. At work, teach, coach, and mentor others and they’ll repay you with loyalty and respect. During my working career, I oversaw hiring of more than 125,000 employees (from more than 3.7M applications) – nearly all of whom repeatedly thanked me with hard work, dedication, and outstanding service. To say that I was flush with candidates would be an understatement, but I never stopped looking to help more find fulfilling jobs. That’s why I spent time each year guest lecturing in hospitality school courses, looking for students who hadn’t yet found me or my company; the extra time doing that produced more than 350 hires, all of whom went on to leadership roles in our company and others in the gaming industry. That’s why I spent time learning about and hiring hundreds of individuals from the judicial system interested in reentering society and the world of work; people who have earned and ask for a second chance deserve that opportunity, and rarely disappoint. I was busy enough in my regular job that there wasn’t much time left for these extracurricular duties, but every one of them was not wasted on me.  Waste some of your time helping others today.

 

Charles Dickens (1812 – 1870): English novelist, journalist, short story writer and social critic. is Dickens edited a weekly journal for 20 years; wrote 15 novels, five novellas, hundreds of short stories and nonfiction articles; lectured and performed readings extensively; was an indefatigable letter writer; and campaigned vigorously for children's rights, education, and other social reforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take responsibility for being your best...

T oday’s quote pretty much sums up what each of us is responsible for. Simple. Straight forward. What we should aspire to and inspire those ...