Thursday, September 16, 2021

Acknowledge your shortcomings...


Today is Yom Kippur – the holiest day in Judaism. On this day we fast, reflect, seek forgiveness, and pray to be a better person in the coming year. We acknowledge we may have done things wrong and to try to set them right. When you get cranky, say “I’m sorry”. When you fail to recognize someone’s presence or performance, go back and do it. When you get stuck in a rut, let others help you find your way out. When others are in need, give them a hand. When you are down, be inspired by all that is right in your life. When you frown, stop and smile. Today is the day when I think about all the times I wasn’t as good as I could or should have been and reaffirm the importance of learning from my mistakes. On this day our prayer should be: “please forgive me if I’ve failed to live up to your expectations… I’ll try to do better in the future”.  Don’t fear acknowledging your shortcomings and trying to be better today.

 

Marge Piercy (1936): American progressive activist and writer 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...