Thursday, April 18, 2019

Tell your story....


Several people I know have written books recently: leadership books, kid’s books, motivational books, HR books, art books and more. Me: I write these daily missives; others I know write blogs, how-to books, and travelogues. The way I see it, it’s not what you write but the fact that you do: it takes discipline to find the time and inspiration to write, and it takes courage to put your thoughts out there for others to read and review. If you’ve got the inclination then you should write, and do it so well that when others read it you’re still proud of yourself. Write a chapter about your journey, share yourself with others, let them know who and what you are, and encourage them to do the same. That’s better than texting or tweeting: it’s personal and proud.  And that’s the best way to be and share yourself today.

Gift Gugu Mona (b. 1994): South African born author, poet, song writer, composer, musical arranger, inspirational speaker and thought leader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...