Monday, April 8, 2019

Let hindsight help guide your foresight....


As countless baby boomers (like me) look back on our long careers, it’s obvious we sought success in many different ways: during that time, it’s probably safe to say that many also realized how  important humility, service and love were. But, in hindsight, I’m chagrined to admit that I was not always as successful as I could or should have been, or that I didn’t let humility moderate how driven I was. Life is full of passionate moments and there were times that grabbing the brass ring seemed to be so very important, but the realization that there’s more to it than that makes me wish I could go back and do some things over with the benefit of knowing what I know now. It reminds me of a poster my father had in his office that simply said ‘too soon old, too late smart’. Look for ways to enrich your success with humility, service and love today.

Pope Francis (born Jorge Mario Bergoglio; 1936): The first pope from outside Europe since the Syrian Gregory III, who reigned in the 8th century

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...