Thursday, April 4, 2019

Get engaged and feel the vibe....


Every week I pick a core corporate value (this week its participation), find quotes that apply to them, and then write a 200-word message about things I’ve seen or learned that applies to the first by weaving in the second. As an old folk singer, I am familiar with Glazer’s songs and so today’s quote strikes a resonant chord (no pun intended) in me. I remember asking audiences to sing along: some clapped or tapped their toes, and others hummed and sang with us…but all were engaged in the songs and the spirit: they left remembering the experience as well as the songs. In my professional career I’ve often taught classes – in front of my own employees and managers and more recently for corporate clients and professional associations – there too, it works best when you get the learners to participate in exercises and games…they too love the participation and it enhances their learning of the material. In each, learning and remembering are easiest when everyone’s engaged: that’s when learning becomes fun and really sinks in. Help others learn by getting engaged and doing today.

Thomas Zachariah Glazer (1914 – 2003): American folk singer and songwriter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...