Thursday, January 3, 2019

Go ahead and try....


As you consider your new year’s resolutions, remember to save at least one for the stuff that dreams are made of. Most will probably be routine, focusing on the everyday things we can do, and do well. But it’s those stretch goals that are the most fun and can be the most rewarding. Many of my friends know that I sang in a band while in college – folk music in the 60s – and making harmonies was a big part of what we did. I still play a variety of stringed instruments but my vocals are no longer in the shape they were back then. My former bandmates tell me it’s because my vocal chords are out of shape – practice along with good breathing techniques will help restore my singing capabilities. But, as with most things in life, it’s easier to not make the effort….and to accept limited circumstances and capabilities. That kind of thinking – whether applied to singing or achieving New Year’s resolutions is a mistake. Open your mouth and sing, or open your mind to achieving anything great, today.

Joan Oliver Goldsmith—Ghostwriter, Copywriter, Author, and Orchestral Singer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never take loyalty for granted...

                    e·mo·tion·al in·tel·li·gence                               noun 1.       the capacity to be aware of, control, and expre...