Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Take care of customers today and they'll take care of you tomorrow....


The rental car I got into yesterday started but I couldn’t find the keys: it was one of those models with a starter button and the key had to be in the car so it could start.  They were obviously in there somewhere but when I told the attendant I couldn’t find them he dismissively told me not to worry - they would show up. Like it was my problem. Like it was no problem leaving without finding the key. I looked at him like it wasa problem and he looked put out: to have to come find it, to have to make sure I was OK, to take care of the customer.  He obviously didn’t notice there were 12 other rental companies in there or realize that customer service was actually important.  I’ve always rented cars from this company but after his behavior yesterday I’m going to think twice about doing that in the future: obviously nobody ever explained to him that taking care of a customer today is the best way to insure they’ll still be a customer tomorrow. Un-freaking-believable: you just can’t make this stuff up.

Jon Kabat-Ziin (born 1944): American Professor Emeritus of Medicine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go find what you need to know...

·        You ask me, the best part of leadership is making decisions. ·        Flinch in the face of those and competitiveness is often lost...