Thursday, June 27, 2019

Learn more about what you don't already know...


In the last several years I’ve had the opportunity to work with some very interesting technology startups: maybe because I am known for developing several cool technology programs during my career. But a call I had recently with a company that develops app-based programs got me thinking: starting and growing a new technology company is both tougher and more exciting today than ever before. Think about this: the first iPhone was released on June 29, 2007, the year after I semi-retired from the gaming industry, meaning all the projects I worked on prior to that were developed for desktops or kiosks without the benefit of smartphones and the apps they run. The iPhone (and other smartphones) changed everything: they are so much more powerful than the basic cell phone and did far more than taking calls and reading emails. Today there are apps for things like getting alerts, communicating with supervisors, taking classes, completing paperwork, providing feedback and more: the challenge is finding all the ways to use these devices to get employees more actively engaged in their work and their companies. I am proud of the fact that I kept growing throughout my career – technologically and otherwise – you should be and do the same. Find ways to keep growing today.

Paula Scher (b. 1948): American graphic designer, painter and art educator in design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...