Monday, June 24, 2019

Be all you might be this summer...


Last Friday was the summer solstice: the longest day of the year and the official start of Summer. No matter how old we are, that evokes memories of vacations, warm nights, fireflies, bonfires, and lazy days with friends. I was thinking about that while attending a Chubby Checker concert: I know, you’re thinking how old is he and how good can he still be. Let me put it this way: when he broke into Let’s Twist Againthe crowd leaped to their feet and did the twist again ‘like they did last summer’. He played and sang for nearly 2 hours, proud in his ability to still perform and excite people young and old, and I suspect thrilled to remind everyone that summertime is always the best of what might be. There are lots of performers crisscrossing the country these days reminding us that it’s never too late to feel like the best is still to come. As you start the week and summer, encourage, coach, mentor and inspire your staff to go ‘round and round, and up and down’to proudly be their best today.

Charles Bowden (1945 –2014): American non-fiction author, journalist and essayist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...