Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Follow your dreams...


Years ago, I recruited a UNLV graduate for our management training program: he loved writing so we placed him in the Advertising department. During the interview he told of his ultimate goal to write a screenplay for a Hollywood studio, but in the meantime, he wanted to utilize his hospitality management degree. He was a gifted writer and for two years he penned some great stuff for us… but he never abandoned his dream of writing screenplays and continued sending them off for consideration. That was his passion, so we encouraged him to keep writing as he kept working. One day he submitted his resignation, saying a screenplay had been accepted and he was going to give it a go in tinsel-town. His name was, and still is, Anthony Zuiker, and his screenplay was for C.S.I.– the rest, as they say, is history. We knew he was passionate about his writing and his dream, and that became the genesis of his writing genius. You never know; so, nurture the passions of your employees today.

Galileo Galilei (1564 – 1642): Italian astronomer, physicist and engineer, often called the the "father of modern science"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...