Thursday, February 7, 2019

Make your parents (and everyone else) proud.....


Bloody cold is how my friends described the minus 20-degree temperature (that’s Fahrenheit) in Edmonton yesterday: I was there for a meeting and not anxious to go outside. So, you could imagine my concern when the flight back to Las Vegas was cancelled and I had to drive to Calgary and spend last night in a Marriott Hotel at the airport there waiting for this morning’s flight. That’s the bad news.  The good news started as I stepped inside from the cold and was greeted warmly (no pun intended) by Dhiraj, a smiling desk clerk who came around the counter to help me with my luggage and quickly check me in. Followed by Carly, a restaurant server who’s smile warmed the cold I still felt and made my dinner alone feel like a personal banquet. Neither was famous, but their parents would have been proud of the hospitality they provided. If you’re ever in Calgary, I highly recommend the airport Marriott: the service and the pillows are great. Make your parents proud by providing great service like that today.

Mary Louise "Meryl" Streep (b. 1949): American actress; often described as the "best actress of her generation and known for her versatility and accent adaptation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...