Thursday, December 27, 2018

Don't, stop, thinking about tomorrow....


Another year is ending: people everywhere are rejoicing in the spirit of this season, thinking about all they’ve done in the past twelve months and what they’ll do in the next twelve. For me, this year’s ritual is interesting: after knee surgery last week, I now have the forced pause of recovery to do little else but engage in this year-end process of rejoicing and reflection. As I look back, I can’t really complain about my aching knees when in fact they were probably caused by last summer’s decision to build stone walls with my own two hands. On another level, I can rejoice in the friendships I’ve continued to nurture this year and the thrill of the music and harmonies those relationships will continue to produce.  And the times spent with my granddaughters this year will continue to create more opportunities for fun times and Instagram photos next year. There are lots of these cause-and-effect type decisions that we each must consider in this last week of the year. Take time to continue to rejoice in the holiday spirit and make time for these natural reflections and projections today.

Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill (1874 – 1965): British politician, statesman, army officer, and writer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never take loyalty for granted...

                    e·mo·tion·al in·tel·li·gence                               noun 1.       the capacity to be aware of, control, and expre...