Friday, December 28, 2018

Do all you can, and should, do....


Last year we bought a cuckoo clock: I love regularly pulling the chains to get the tic-toc of the clock and the cuckoo’s call.  Then, on a whim, I bought another, and then 3 old regulator clocks (the kind you have to wind with a special key) and 2 more electric clocks with pendulums: all of a sudden there were lots of time-related sounds in the house. The noises from all these clocks naturally began to seep into the background of our lives, but now that I’m hanging around the house (working on my recovery) I’ve started to again hear them. Maybe it’s not just the clocks … maybe it’s also the passage of time and the fact we’re counting down the dates until they start again: that’s motivating me to want to do something.  I’ve naturally slowed down this first week after surgery, but I haven’t stopped doing all I can with what I have. As you get ready to rev up your resolutions for the new year, think about organizing your thoughts and actions in the pursuit of what you want.  That’s what you can do today.

Confucius (551–479 BC): Chinese teacher, editor, politician, and philosopher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never take loyalty for granted...

                    e·mo·tion·al in·tel·li·gence                               noun 1.       the capacity to be aware of, control, and expre...