Monday, May 3, 2021

Get answers to your questions...


Because we can’t be entirely certain of the things we do, getting involved in them sometimes feels like a leap of faith. I’ve made some scary moves in my life – leaving manufacturing to go into gaming, transferring from Atlantic City to Las Vegas, and developing crazy new computer applications – all of which involved lots of questions and uncertainties. Those were flights into the unknown for me, and the only transportation from where I was to where I was going involved some scary leaps of faith. And I know I’m not unique. I get calls every week from people wanting advice about career moves that to them seem equally scary. My advice: get fully engaged in examining those decisions in order to make them less uncertain or scary. If you’re faced with these kinds of leaps, make sure you know what you really want and need in a next job or assignment and discuss those openly with the people you will be or are already working for. And when asked how a new job or assignment is going, be honest with them and insist they be the same in return. The best way to improve these kinds of decisions is by having open, two-way communications, ones that clear away uncertainties and worries. It takes two to make those happen and, because they are so important to you, there’s nobody better to lead them than you, today.

 

Margaret Shepherd: author, artist and calligrapher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...