Monday, July 23, 2018

Look for the harmonies in life....


“No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.”Halford Luccock

I’m back from a week of visiting with the friends I sang with in college. We’ve stayed in contact all these years and each time we get together the old songs and harmonies come back easily and the new ones seem to fit right into our familiar patterns.  I’ve been playing guitar for 55 years and there’s a difference in approach and results when playing with others rather than alone: the energy one gets from playing with others pushes the combined creativity to levels hard to achieve singly. Because I played with others, I often hear their notes, riffs and harmonies in my mind when I play songs by myself: that same dynamic happens in life and at work.  We can’t whistle symphonies or optimally complete projects alone – it takes a whole orchestra or work team to produce a finished product. Get into the spirit of working effectively and successfully with your colleagues and discover how much better your efforts can be today.

Halford Luccock (1885 – 1960): American Methodist minister and professor of Homiletics at Yale Divinity School.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never take loyalty for granted...

                    e·mo·tion·al in·tel·li·gence                               noun 1.       the capacity to be aware of, control, and expre...