Monday, April 30, 2018

It's always about the people....


I’ve had the good fortune to serve on many volunteer boards with some great HR leaders from every industry: computers, transportation, finance, education, hospitality, retail, education, non-profits, and more.  To say that we each loved what we did goes without saying, but it was the people that mattered.  Meeting recruits, inspiring new hires, coaching careers, and working with employees throughout their work lives.  That’s what makes working so special; it’s what makes all of us so proud of what we do. It’s been 12 years since I left my last HR job and became a consultant, and people often ask me if I miss it: the answer is that I don’t miss the stress but I do miss the people. Realize how special it is to work with some extraordinary people and be thankful for that today

Sir Jonathan Paul Ive (b. 1967): English industrial designer who is currently the chief design officer (CDO) of Apple and chancellor of the Royal College of Art in London

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never take loyalty for granted...

                    e·mo·tion·al in·tel·li·gence                               noun 1.       the capacity to be aware of, control, and expre...