Friday, December 7, 2018

Live your life completely....



Last night I attended the annual Cornell Chapter Holiday Party here in Las Vegas: it was a real treat to see so many folks from my alma mater. More than 30 years ago I came to Las Vegas and attended that year’s party: I think there were 5 or 6 in attendance – an engineer, two doctors, two lawyers, and me. I was so surprised: I figured with all the hotels here there would be more: but Cornell’s hotel school back then didn’t think gaming was a proper place for their graduates and the companies here weren’t much into college recruiting. So, I contacted the School’s career placement office and began speaking in classes and actively recruiting interns and their graduating seniors. Fast forward to last night: there were several dozen in attendance – most from the gaming industry; the Chapter now has hundreds of members and has been the fastest growing for more than a decade. The attendees ranged from old folks like me to young professionals (many of them) starting families to new arrivals – all making their lives here. If you have the chance, help others find and make the life of their dreams today.  

Paul Simon (b. 1941); American singer-songwriter and actor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to you conscience...

white lie noun 1.       a minor, polite, or harmless lie; a fib.   W e’re raised to believe that little white lies are harmless. I suppose t...